As the game went on, Gerrit Coles fastball

Fórum na témy obce Hvozdnica

Moderátor: primáš:)

Pravidlá fóra
Fórum Hvozdnica je určené na diskutovanie medzi účastníkmi na témy spojené s obcou Hvozdnica. Každý zaregistrovaný účastník fóra môže pridať príspevok alebo vytvoriť tému, na ktorú by chcel vyvolať diskusiu. Témy alebo príspevky fóra nesmú obsahovať vulgarizmy, urážky, rasistické či extrémisticke politické názory alebo iné názory, ktoré sú v rozpore so zákonmi Slovenskej Republiky. V opačnom prípade bude téma alebo príspevok zmazaný.

As the game went on, Gerrit Coles fastball

Odoslaťod Dogcat250 Pi, 16. Aug 2019, 08:45

PITTSBURGH, Pa. - As the game went on, Gerrit Coles fastball got faster, and the San Francisco Giants couldnt catch up. Cole won for the first time in nearly a month, and the Pittsburgh Pirates beat San Francisco 4-3 Wednesday for their second straight win over the Giants. Cole (3-2) beat Tim Lincecum for the second time in his 11-month major league career, allowing three runs and seven hits in eight innings with seven strikeouts and a walk. The No. 1 pick in the 2011 amateur draft, Cole had a fastball clocked at 95-96 mph to begin the game and was 97-98 over his final two innings. "Really solid, solid effort for him," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "Pushing through the eighth inning, the middle of the order, was very impressive. Hes capable of a lot of things out there. You saw the velocity stay at a much higher level today throughout the game, and actually his velocity played bigger later than it did earlier." Fill-in closer Mark Melancon worked a perfect ninth for his second save in three chances. Centerfielder Andrew McCutchen made a diving catch of Brandon Crawfords soft liner to left-centre for the second out. Pittsburgh has won four of six after a 1-7 slide, taking two of three in the series. San Francisco had won 10 of 11 before the Pirates replay-aided walkoff win Tuesday. Pittsburgh scored all its runs over the first two innings Wednesday. "Were starting to click on all cylinders now," said Pirates catcher Chris Stewart, who had two hits. "The pitching is starting to come around, and were starting to get those hits in those big situations that we werent before". Ike Davis had three hits for the Pirates. Brandon Belt hit his ninth home run and drove in all three runs for San Francisco. Cole had been 0-2 in four starts since winning his first two outings. He pitched eight innings for the second time this season, throwing 107 pitches, one shy of his season high. Cole, who went 1 for 3 to maintain a .333 batting average, won his major league debut at home last June 11 against Lincecum, a two-time NL Cy Young Award winner. Lincecum (2-2) allowed four runs, eight hits and two walks in four innings. Opponents are hitting .329 against him. "I wasnt finishing my pitches, especially my secondary pitches," he said. "When I got ahead in the count, the secondary pitchers were just rolling up there and had no bite on them. Im the type of guy whos going to have to get guys to chase pitches, but I cant do that when Im leaving balls up in the strike zone that are so hittable." McCutchen had a run-scoring single in the first and came around on Starling Martes double. Travis Snider made it 4-1 with a two-run single in the second. Belt homered on the first pitch he saw with two outs in the first, then hit a two-run double with two outs in the fifth. But Belt was thrown out at third on the play, ending the threat. "That was a mistake," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. NOTES: 3B Pablo Sandoval was not in the starting lineup after sustaining what Bochy termed a sprain of his hand or thumb during the final play of Tuesday nights game. He pinch hit for Lincecum in the fifth and singled. ... Neil Walker had a second-inning single has has reached safely in all 15 home games hes played against San Francisco ... The Giants headed to Los Angeles for a four-game series against the Dodgers that starts Thursday. San Franciscos starter in the opener, RHP Ryan Vogelsong, has allowed one earned run over 13 innings in his past two starts. ... The Pirates host St. Louis this weekend in a series that includes the first ESPN Sunday night game in PNC Parks 14-year history. Elgin Baylor Lakers Jersey . The game had many controversial incidents that, upon closer inspection, were not as controversial as many believed. The Formations Toronto FC lined up in its usual 4-4-2 formation, with Nick Hagglund slotting in at right fullback and Bradley Orr at centreback in place of the injured Mark Bloom and Steven Caldwell, respectively. Vlade Divac Jersey . Formula One Teams Association secretary general Oliver Weingarten says the organization collapsed over unpaid subscription fees and a failure to strike an agreement for 2014 with all 11 teams. http://www.lakersbasketballshop.com/Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar-Jersey/ . Last years runner-up, Sara Errani, also reached the last eight in straight sets. Flipkens converted all four of her break points against Meusburger, and the third-seeded Errani broke Karin Knapps serve five times to win their all-Italian match 6-4, 6-3. LeBron James Jersey .com) - It appears both the Houston Rockets and Chicago Bulls will reach the playoffs, but the two squads are coming off losing efforts. JaVale McGee Jersey . 42 sitting next to the bench. The 57-year-old with greying hair couldnt box out or grab a rebound, but owner Ted Leonsis waved his red towel and egged on a cheering crowd that chanted "Free Nene!" The Wizards did just fine without the suspended Brazilian forward.COLUMBUS - Though his team would be bested that night in Chicago, Jake Gardiner made sure to learn a thing or two from the defending champs. What emerged most prominently for the 23-year-old Leafs defender was how active his counterparts on the Blackhawks defence were, specifically 2010 Norris Trophy winner Duncan Keith. Gardiner had one of his better outings this season against the Ducks on Tuesday night, leading the team with 18-plus minutes at even-strength, an active and engaged presence in both ends for much of a 4-2 victory. "Thats how I want to play every game," he told the Leafs Report. "I thought I was moving my feet more than I have been in the past couple games, joining the rush, helping the offence out. Thats what makes teams like Chicago so good is their D is always active. Thats when Im successful too and it obviously helps the team. I was doing that at the end of the year last year and I tried to replicate that a little bit." Gardiner is still trying to recapture the formula of his rookie season. But in doing so he is also striving to evolve into a more complete defender, mostly at the prodding of head coach Randy Carlyle and the Toronto coaching staff. "I think hes been better than he was at the beginning of the year," said Carlyle, ahead of the teams lone trip to Columbus. "Weve met with Jake on numerous occasions, provided him video, tried to get him an understanding of where we think he can improve." Much of that improvement hinges on the degree to which Gardiner betters himself defensively, positioning and assertiveness ranking high on the list of priorities. Carlyle wants his young defender "not to be in such a hurry to be carrying the puck the full length of the ice" and let the game "develop in front of him". Of the greatest change between playing for Carlyle and former Leaf coach Ron Wilson, who coached him to all-rookie honours two years back, Gardiner says its the aggressiveness demanded of him physically. "I wouldnt say I finished my checks as much as I did two years ago," said Gardiner, averaging nearly 20 minutes this season. "I think I finish them a lot more now and am more aware of where guys are on the ice, especially in the defensive zone. This coaching staff has worked a lot with me and I think thats a big part probably." Gardiner struggled upon returning from a concussion last season, suiting up for only 10 regular season games before emerging as a different defender in the playoffs. Expectations were predictably uncertain for him entering the fall. A mishmash preseason didnt help ease those concerns. "Preseason I probably wasnt doing a great job of it," hhe said of "finishing checks and holding guys up and stuff.dddddddddddd I think Ive gotten better at that for sure." The coaching staff has offered much in the way of instruction, be it on video via the iPad or guidance on the ice at practice. Prior to an outing in Philadelphia earlier this year, head coach and player sat on the bench shortly before puck-drop breaking down film. And after a Thursday workout in Toronto, Gardiner spoke to assistant coach Dave Farrish about his performance. "Its little details in the game where I need to work on," he said, "something maybe Im not aware of but they are." With Paul Ranger occupying the left side - this after a near four-year absence from the NHL - Gardiner is also being asked to play right defence for the first time in his career. Seeing the game from unfamiliar terrain has required an adjustment. "Thats something Ive never really done before," he said. "I think its going to take a little bit to get adjusted to. Im working at it and trying to get accustomed to it." Also worth noting: Ranger represents the eighth different partner Gardiner has played with in the NHL. "Hes not really played the right side a lot," Carlyle said. "But weve decided to put him over there because of his skating ability." Gardiners greatest gift may just be that ability, his ease and effortlessness on skates allowing him to rush the puck up-ice with uncommon composure. Carlyle has given him the green light to go when an opportunity presents itself in such situations. But Gardiner knows that caution must be exercised, turnovers a definite no-no. "I have the freedom to go," he said, "but if I turn it over I think Im going to be in trouble so Ive just got to be aware of that and pick my spots. "If I see an opening I think I should probably take it most times depending on the situation. Randy always focuses on defence first so I cant be too high-risk." While he has shown signs of engaging himself in the offence with more frequency of late, Gardiner has totaled just two assists in the opening 10 games. He led all rookie defenders with 30 points two years earlier. Part of what makes Gardiner such an attractive commodity on the back end is the risk-factor he presents, the unpredictability of his attack often difficult to defend. His potential in that regard was never more pronounced than in the aforementioned postseason, the Minnesota native compiling five points in six games against the Bruins. Hes not at that level yet, but strides are being taken in that direction. "I can always improve," Gardiner said. "I dont think Im at that point yet." ' ' '
Dogcat250

Založený: Po, 25. Mar 2019, 08:25

Naspäť na Hvozdnica

Kto je prítomný

Používatelia prezerajúci si toto fórum: Žiadny registrovaný používateľ a 12 hostí.